WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Celebrate this great school at the State of the School event on Monday, Feburary 27, 2017.
Dinner at 6 p.m. State of the School Address at 6:30Read More
Join us for Bethany Academy's ALOHA Auction on Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 5:30 - 10:00 pm at the Crystal Lake Golf Course. Bethany Academy's Spring Auction is the school's largest fundraiser and a favorite night out for families!
Check back for updated:
- Silent Auction items
- Class Basket Information
- Live Auction items
- Ticket Order Forms
- Opportunities to Volunteer
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2017-02-25 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que of America, Inc., Breadsmith MN, Chipotle Mexican Grill, WA Frost & Company, Giordano's Pizza
- 2017-02-24 Don't wait until it's too late! Purchase your tickets today! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2017-02-24 Here are more of our amazing donors... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Patina Stores, Vertical Endeavors, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, FlyOver America, Massage Envy
- 2017-02-23 Just a reminder to SHARE this event with family and friends. It's our biggest event of the year! Thank you!
- 2017-02-23 Check out these amazing donors! So thankful for their generosity and support! R.F. Moeller Jeweler, Science Museum of Minnesota, Elko Speedway, Minnesota Zoo, Lucky Dog Pet Lodge, LLC
- 2017-02-22 Nerf games, cookies & crafts, Big Thrill Factory, pizza and movie, pool party and more! Our Aloha Auction offers fun teacher experiences! View them here: https://goo.gl/BV9rcF
- 2017-02-22 Bethany Academy's Annual Auction will feature Johnny Pineapple, the Midwest's premier Hawaiian musical band. Purchase your tickets today! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2017-02-22 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! Walt Disney World, OtterBox, St. Paul Saints Baseball, Three Rivers Park District Foundation, Kwik Trip
- 2017-02-21 Bethany Academy's Annual Auction will feature Karen Sorbo, one of the top Benefit Auctioneers in the country. Purchase your tickets today! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2017-02-21 Join us at this free event! Buy bowls made by our students and combat hunger ~ proceeds will go to Harvest Pack.
- 2017-02-20 Thank you ARCH Language Network for generously contributing several amazing auction items! We appreciate your support of Bethany Academy! http://www.archlanguage.com/
- 2017-02-20 Join us for Bethany Academy's Annual Auction! Buy your tickets today! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2017-02-20 Here's the scoop... This is the LAST WEEK to collect box tops and have the chance for your class to win an Ice Cream Party!
- 2017-02-15 Star Tribune’s Player of the Week was awarded to Sam Peterson of Bethany’s Varsity Boys Basketball recently! Thank you for your votes. Congratulations, Sam!
- 2017-02-15 Bethany’s Jump Rope for Heart starts this week as our elementary students are involved in various jump rope activities!
- 2017-02-14 Save the date! Join us at our Aloha Auction 2017 on March 11th!
- 2017-02-14 Congratulations to our 5th/6th Grade Boys Basketball team! They won 1st place this past weekend. The boys had a very good season this year with a 10-3 record. Thanks to their coaches: Nathan Reader, Warren Reader and Ted Koch! Go Eagles!
- 2017-02-14 Our 1st graders presented a biography of their choosing. Afterwards, they read to their parents and enjoyed hot cocoa. They all did really well!
- 2017-02-09 Have you contributed yet?? Monday deadline...
- 2017-02-08 Thank you, Keith Peterson, for a great message at Chapel today! This weekly worship is an extraordinary blessing to our students, parents, teachers and staff. Praise Jesus!
- 2017-02-08 We're so proud of Sam Peterson! Vote for him as "Star Tribune Player of the Week" today! Voting ends Saturday at noon. Scroll to bottom of this page:
- 2017-02-08 Here's the scoop... And a chance to win an Ice Cream Party!
- 2017-02-07 Here's your chance to WIN a Class Party! If your Class Basket is one of the top 2 highest bids at our Aloha Auction, your class wins! Deadline for donations is coming soon -- Monday, Feb 13th.
- 2017-01-31 It's Spirit Week at Bethany! Dynamic Duo for tomorrow~ Then Class Colors on Thursday, and Blue & Gold Spirit Wear on Friday. Let's get in the spirit! GO EAGLES! :-)
- 2017-01-31 Congratulations to Sam Peterson on reaching 1,000 career points! It is a huge accomplishment and a well deserved honor. Way to go, Sam!