This night is just for the parents. Learn about the new school year, turn in papers, meet and greet with your students teachers.
WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
"Bethany has helped me prepare for life by teaching me how to defend my faith well." - Karissa Vetsch
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Signs of Spring are popping up everywhere, including Bethany Academy's Spring Plant Sale! Don't miss t [ ... ]
Since we don’t have school on Monday, April 27th we thought it would be fun to go bowling as a school Sunday night [ ... ]
We love when grandparents visit Bethany Academy! Join us from 8 - 10 am on Thursday April 30th for delicious treats, vis [ ... ]
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
In 1988, the leader of a small Christian school called Bethany Academy in Bloomington took a chance and hired a brand new teacher fresh out of college to be the third grade, phy ed teacher, and coach at his school. Little did he know that my goal was merely to get a few years of experience and then move into the public school system. After all I was the product of public school, plus both my parents where public school educators, and I wanted to follow in their footsteps.
However God had other plans, as He so often does. While at Bethany Academy, I fell in love with the culture, the students, and the other faculty members; Christian education was something I had never experienced before outside of college. I began to realize that I had been called to inspire future generations of godly leadership through teaching, coaching, and life-on-life impact.
After 27 years and hundreds of students later, the most remarkable thing I have seen along this journey is the faithfulness of God in my life and the life of the school.
He has provided for Bethany Academy through times of plenty and times of want. Through change and growth, He has always been faithful. He never changed. He provided—not as a result of anything that we did or did not do, but because of His amazing grace and blessing. For this I am extremely grateful.
It has been a great honor and privilege to serve the Lord at this wonderful school. My prayer for Bethany Academy is that you remember how God provided in the past, while you live in the present and look toward the future. Remember that Bethany Academy is not just a school, but it’s “a people”, a people like it says in Philippians 1:27, a people who are standing firm in one spirit, connected and committed to the same purpose, the same mission, and the same values. You are walking a path that many before you have walked. Many will come after you so keep the path clear.
As you learn to walk this path in a new way, be assured that He who has been faithful in leading in the past is faithful in the present, and He will lead toward the future.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2015-08-14 It was a perfect day at the beach. Bethany elementary families soaked up the sun, built sandcastles and enjoyed one of the last days of summer at Bush Lake beach.
- 2015-08-11 The Swanson family sport their Eagle pride in Wyoming. The view is almost as cool as their Bethany T-Shirts!
- 2015-08-07 We send a toast of good cheer to Jean Figi - She is celebrating turning 29 years old...again. Happy Birthday Jean- We love you!
- 2015-07-17 K-6 students enjoyed a sunny summer afternoon at Centennial Lakes where they watched a Comedy Juggling and Dangerous Stunts performance, played mini-golf and walked around the lake. We love our Minnesota summers!
- 2015-07-06 When is the 1st day of school for the upcoming 2015/16 school year?
- 2015-06-25 The Millers have Eagle Pride in Grand Marais! When you are traveling this summer, please send us a picture of you in your Bethany Academy spirit wear. Let's see how far our Eagle Pride soars. Send all pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2015-06-22 Mary advances to the next round of competition on the TV show, " So You Think You Can Dance". Sorry Pat, your dance moves didn't quite make the cut but your dad's heart won us all over.
- 2015-06-08 We present the graduating class of 2015! We are very proud of each and everyone of you. Be a world changer and continue to impact the world for Christ! See you at Alumni Night if not before.
- 2015-05-11 Our K-6 elementary students sang, danced, and greatly entertained their amazed parents and family in the 2015 Spring Choral Concert. Way to go! The joy of the Lord was very evident as they sang and performed for Him.
- 2015-05-05 Our students discovered a whole new world as they dissected frogs in their Life Science class. Greatest discovery? Frog eggs and undigested flies. Gross!
- 2015-04-29 Our 6th graders had so much fun learning about creation at Wolf Ridge. God is so awesome!
- 2015-04-29 We just love all of our moms and "grandmoms"! This wonderful group was on their way to Orchestra Hall for an elementary field trip. Thank you for all you do!
- 2015-04-28 We had a great time bowling on Sunday night. This is an event we will definitely repeat. Thank you Southtown Bowl!
- 2015-04-15 The experiments and projects were amazing! The 5th annual Science Fair (now STEM Fest) was a huge success as students discovered and analyzed the worlds of STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- 2015-04-15 Alumni Joey Nutting and CTI Music Ministries shared the gospel with our students today in chapel. Thank you Joey for sharing your heart with us. God is using your gifts and talents to advance His kingdom!
- 2015-04-08 Bethany receives $5,900 STEM grant! Congratulations to teachers Karen Evans, Andrew Hale, and Gene Poole, who collaborated with the Three Rivers Conservation District, to write the grant proposal to study the effect of water run-off into Nine Mile Creek, which runs through Edina and Bloomington, before spilling into the Minnesota River.
- 2015-04-06 We can't wait to see our building filled to the brim with students! See everyone tomorrow.
- 2015-04-05 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10.
- 2015-03-30 We hope everyone enjoys a relaxing and safe Spring Break. Classes resume Tuesday, April 7th.
- 2015-03-24 Each of our 6th grade students wrote a book describing all aspects of their lives using the ABC letters as their story headings. We are in awe of how God has made each and every student just perfect for His purpose!
- 2015-03-18 Our varsity baseball players didn't seem to notice that they were playing baseball before the sun was officially up. We are looking forward to a great season!
- 2015-03-18 Last night was a powerful worship night! God is so good. Thank you Worship Arts Team for sharing your gifts and talents with us.
- 2015-03-17 "The Shield About Me". The 4th grade class learned about the life and missionary work of St. Patrick. Each student wrote and excerpt from his breastplate prayer. It is a reminder of how Christ is our shield today and everyday.