WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2016-10-25 With Bethany's solid defeat of Prairie Seeds Academy tonight, our Varsity team continues on to play against Saint Agnes in the 23 team section 4A volleyball playoffs on Wednesday in St. Paul. Go Eagles! View the section brackets: https://goo.gl/0eT40R
- 2016-10-17 Bethany's JV volleyball team played hard in a tournament this past weekend. It's been a fun season of growth and friendship. Many thanks to coaches Terri and Ashley!
- 2016-10-14 Bethany Loves Bloomington IN ACTION!
- 2016-10-14 Praise Jesus! We've packed over 9,000 meals with the help of our elementary students so far. And we're still going strong! God is awesome!
- 2016-10-14 Today's the BIG DAY! Join us as we support the local community and our school! We appreciate your support! Click here to donate to the Bethany Loves Bloomington Event: https://goo.gl/fVrlm1
- 2016-10-13 We’re partnering with Harvest Pack and Good in the Hood, two local non-profits, to pack and distribute 30,000 meals. Would you help underwrite the cost of the food and sponsor a class as we seek to raise $50,000 for Bethany Academy?
- 2016-10-13 Parents and adult volunteers are invited to join us as we pack meals on Friday, October 14th from 12:00 - 2:00 pm in the Bethany Academy gym. To sign up to pack or volunteer, please visit https://goo.gl/YJWiFj
- 2016-10-13 TOMORROW is the BIG DAY! Our goal is to raise $10,000 in corporate sponsorships and $40,000 in family fundraising. Your donation will help Bethany Academy continue to fulfill its mission. Learn more at https://goo.gl/YJWiFj
- 2016-10-12 "Let us not love with words or with speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18 http://www.bethanyacademy.org/bethanylovesminnesota.cfm
- 2016-10-07 Do you remember the half-court basketball shot that made news around the world last year? One mom’s lob launched an astonishing story at the conclusion of the 2015 Bethany Loves Bloomington event. Will you partner with us this year? Share this post! Learn more at https://goo.gl/YJWiFj
- 2016-10-06 In 2015, Bethany Academy students packed 41,000 meals that were distributed throughout the Twin Cities. This year, students will pack meals again to help feed those in need. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/bethanylovesminnesota.cfm
- 2016-10-05 Through our "Bethany Loves Bloomington" meal packing event on Friday, October 14th, you have the opportunity to support those in need and to help us to continue to fulfill the mission of Bethany Academy. Make your contribution today at https://goo.gl/fVrlm1 and share this opportunity with your friends. Thank you!
- 2016-10-04 Help those with breast cancer by coming to our Dig Pink Volleyball Game this Thursday, October 6th (JV @ 5:30 and Varsity @ 7:00). All proceeds will be given to the Side-Out Foundation which focuses on stage four breast cancer research.
- 2016-10-04 Our annual "Bethany Loves Bloomington" meal packing event is a chance for our students to serve the hunger needs of our community and raise funds for our school.
- 2016-10-04 "Let us not love with words or with speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18 http://www.bethanyacademy.org/bethanylovesminnesota.cfm
- 2016-10-03 Boys Soccer Update: The boys finished the regular JV season with an outstanding overall record of 7-1-3 and they outscored their opponents 26 to 6. Join us for the end of the season Tournament this Saturday, October 8th. ~Coach Peters
- 2016-09-27 See You At The Pole day is on Wednesday, September 28, at 7:30 am. All around the globe, students will be gathering at their flagpoles, praying for their schools, friends, families, churches and communities. It's a day committed to global unity in Christ and prayer for your generation. Be a part of something amazing!
- 2016-09-23 Support our school! When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Bethany Academy. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support Bethany Academy by starting your shopping at: https://goo.gl/1kPN7R
- 2016-09-19 It's Spirit Week at Bethany! Music Genre for tomorrow~ Then Red Carpet on Wednesday, Wild Animal on Thursday and Blue & Gold Spirit Wear on Friday. Let's get in the spirit! GO EAGLES! :-)
- 2016-09-16 The boys had another great week of soccer with a big win on Thursday in the pouring rain. They look to continue their success tomorrow with games at 10:00 and 12:00 and would love to see you there. (Check the school website for more info.)
- 2016-09-15 Join us on Tuesdays 9/20 and 9/27 for Bethany Academy Volleyball home matches. We have a young team this year, and we rely heavily on our seasoned captains to help lead and develop this young team. They're pictured here. Go Eagles!
- 2016-09-15 Join us every Monday for a powerful time of prayer! All are welcome!
- 2016-09-14 As shared by Bruce Maeda, our superintendent, to love God you must live a life of worship. "Always acknowledging the majesty and sovereignty of God and being willing to love and adore Him above all else. Then to display His love towards others in acts of kindness and service." Here is this year's Theme Verse: "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things." 1 Chronicles 29:11
- 2016-09-07 Order your Bethany Academy apparel today! Promo code of "7vx12Rbc" good for $10 off until 10/21/16. Sample items available for your review. Click here: http://goo.gl/Qibwxe
- 2016-06-07 Congratulations graduates! May God bless you as you move on from Bethany Academy.