WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Celebrate this great school at the State of the School event on Monday, Feburary 27, 2017.
Dinner at 6 p.m. State of the School Address at 6:30Read More
Join us for Bethany Academy's ALOHA Auction on Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 5:30 - 10:00 pm at the Crystal Lake Golf Course. Bethany Academy's Spring Auction is the school's largest fundraiser and a favorite night out for families!
Check back for updated:
- Silent Auction items
- Class Basket Information
- Live Auction items
- Ticket Order Forms
- Opportunities to Volunteer
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2017-03-22 Do you have yours yet? Pick up a free car decal from the school office. Let's get the word out about the "Best Kept Secret in Bloomington"! :-)
- 2017-03-17 Happy Spring!
- 2017-03-13 Two entertaining performances are coming soon! Plan to join us~ Bring a friend! Share this event :-)
- 2017-03-11 Ready.. Get Set... GO! Online bidding starts NOW. Click on the green “start bidding” button from here: http://bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi/
- 2017-03-10 Check out these amazing donors! So thankful for their generosity and support! Fat Lorenzo's Bloomington (in the VFW Bar), Abdallah Candies, Trader Joe's, Minnesota Lynx, Deb Wagner, Tony Block and Julie Hull
- 2017-03-10 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! STREETZ American Grill, Milio's Sandwiches, Al Vento Restaurant, Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More, Jensen's food & cocktails and Radon Testing of MN (radontestingmn.com)
- 2017-03-10 Online bidding starts tomorrow at 9 AM! Have you registered yet? Click on the green “start bidding” button from here: http://bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi/
- 2017-03-10 Here are more of our amazing donors... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 98.5 KTIS, MDB - Minnesota Developmental Basketball, Crystal Lake Golf & Banquet, Tucci Benucch, Bryant Lake Bowl & Theater, Melt Shop and Original Pancake House - Burnsville
- 2017-03-10 Unbelievable but TRUE! We have a few extra tickets on sale for the Aloha Auction. You can still join us! Buy tickets here: https://goo.gl/pNpWpF
- 2017-03-10 Check out these amazing donors! So thankful for their generosity and support! Creation Museum, Mi5 Fitness & CrossFit Lakeville, Minnesota Sword Club, North Shore Scenic Railroad, Glensheen, Cities 97 and Dale Studios (www.dalestudios.com)
- 2017-03-09 Nerf games, cookies & crafts, Big Thrill Factory, pizza and movie, pool party and more! Our Aloha Auction offers fun teacher experiences! View them here: https://goo.gl/BV9rcF
- 2017-03-09 Our Aloha Auction is paperless with Mobile Bidding from Greater Giving! All bidding on Silent Auction items will be done online using your smart phone. Register today at www.bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi and watch this video: https://goo.gl/T9Faje
- 2017-03-09 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! AirMaxx Trampoline Park & Fun Center, Jakes City Grille, Minnesota Orchestra, Cafe Latte, Velasquez Family Coffee, Artistry MN, and JD's Salsa
- 2017-03-07 Mahalo to our Corporate Sponsors
- 2017-03-06 Don't miss out on all the fun! Today is the LAST DAY to purchase your tickets! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2017-03-05 Need a vacation? How about Hawaii? We've got a deal for you! Purchase your $30 tickets by our Monday (3/6) deadline and join us at our Aloha Auction!
- 2017-03-05 Here's more excitement for you! 2 Courtside AND 4 Lower Level Lynx Tickets! Join us on March 11th to bid on this LIVE auction item! Deadline for tickets is March 6th. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-05 Are you a collector? We're offering an Autographed Timberwolves Basketball signed by all the players as a LIVE Auction Item on March 11th. Purchase your tickets today! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-04 Wow! 4 Disney World One-Day Park Hopper Passes will be auctioned off LIVE on March 11th! Support Bethany with your bid! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-04 Enjoy 7 days of summer in a cabin on beautiful Lake Mille Lacs! Bid on this LIVE auction item on March 11th. Deadline for tickets is March 6th. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-04 You got game?!? Check out this LIVE auction item on March 11th ~ Sit in Row 1 for a Timberwolves game AND get the Mayo Clinic Square Tour. Deadline for tickets is March 6th. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-04 Need a vacation? How about Hawaii? We've got a deal for you! Purchase your $30 tickets by our Monday (3/6) deadline and join us at our Aloha Auction!
- 2017-03-04 Go Vikings! 4 tickets AND a condo stay for your choice of Vikings game! Join us on March 11th to bid on this LIVE auction item! Deadline for tickets is March 6th. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction
- 2017-03-03 The Twin Cities Christian Schools Partnership presents a Pastors Forum featuring Dr. Mark Eckel, a free event on March 16th. Please share this event post with pastors and youth leaders you know. Details & registration: https://goo.gl/h1RtwR