Students arrive at 6:10
WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
It is true, God loves to bring joy to the hearts of His faithful. We at Bethany Academy are learning that He has a very funny sense of humor to boot.
In the last 24 hours we have been in awe of how He has taken an unbelievable half court shot to the world---bringing a glimpse of His humor this Christmas season. The resounding response after people have viewed the now famous video is one of happiness. Many people have said for some reason it brings them to happy tears.
The Ramey's, and Bethany Academy, are pleased -as -punch to play a role in His Christmas merriment. For us, the first video going viral was more than enough. However, God wasn't done yet. Click on the attached photo to see what happens when Angela Ramey attempts another shot on Good Morning America live.
The joy of the season is the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Only a God as big as our God could use Angela's heart for feeding the hungry and this school in such an amazing fashion. May these video's bring you unspoken joy and happiness.
Merry Christmas from Bethany Academy and the Rameys!
PS. It's not to late to donate to our fundraiser. Go to www.bethanylovesbloomington.com .
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2016-04-29 Hi Bethany Academy, I listened to your music and liked it a lot. Hit me up on email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jeff www.jam-radio.com/seattle
- 2016-04-20 IT WAS A RECORD SETTING WEEKEND FOR senior Abigail Bakken when she threw the Discus 119'10 feet and the Shot Put 35'9 feet- setting a new record for our Co-Op New Life track team (Both previous records were held by New Life students). Abigail surpassed her own PB throws of 101'7 in Discus and 34 feet in Shot Put. WAY TO GO Abigail!
- 2016-04-06 2016 "Greatest American" Tournament winner is Mallory Mixter! In this tournament, each student in our freshman class chose an American hero to represent in a series of debates. Mallory chose Martin Luther King Jr. She was inspired by King's courage and perseverance in leading the struggle for civil rights.
- 2016-03-25 Our sixth grade students brought us one of Bethany Academy's annual favorite elementary chapels when they presented the story of Purim, the celebration of Esther obeying God "for such a time as this." As our music teacher Jane Allison explained to the K-6th grade students, the story of Esther shows us how carefully God preserved the ancestral line that led to the birth of Christ.
- 2016-03-16 The MARCH MADNESS Bethany Academy Auction is this Saturday, March 19th from 5:30 - 10:00 pm. Tickets and all the details are on our website at: www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2016-03-14 It's Coffee and Donuts Week! Our NHS students are hosting coffee and donuts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week, in the lobby. For a $2 donation you will receive a yummy donut and fresh coffee served with a variety of flavored creamers. All donations go towards the support of our National Honor Society.
- 2016-03-06 The audience had a surprise treat at today's final performance of "Peter Pan and Wendy" when director Miss Hannah Jackson took the stage as Grown-up Wendy in the final scene. Thank you Miss Jackson for your passion and dedication, student actors and tech crew for your performances, and parents and guests for your support!
- 2016-03-05 Opening Night for "Peter Pan and Wendy" was fabulous! Friday night's performance was standing room only, and there's one last performance Saturday at 2pm. Thank you to our Director, Hannah Jackson, students, and parents for sharing your gifts with all our families!
- 2016-03-04 Hey Bethany parents (current and future)! There is a house for sale right next door to school...sign went up today. Next door to the Nuttings...:-). Open house on March 12, but you can get a jump and call the realtor anytime.
- 2016-03-03 Leap Year gives the 3rd grade class another day to have fun learning. Their teacher surprised them with a party on February 29.
- 2016-03-01 Our 4th grade class had a blast walking back in time during their Immigrant Trunk presentation. Each student filled a trunk with food items, clothing, nick-nacks, and books of their ancestors. Then they presented their family history to the class.
- 2016-02-25 Get in the Game and join us for the MARCH MADNESS Auction on Saturday, March 19th!
- 2016-02-24 Bethany Academy families! The countdown to the MARCH MADNESS Auction is on, we're now just 25 days away. Haven't bought your tickets yet? Do it now at www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm (or shop now button at top of page!) Here are the BIG 3 things you need to do to get your game on: 1. Buy tickets online (shop now^^) 2. Bring in items for your student(s) class basket - deadline this coming Monday, Feb. 29th. 3. Donate to the auction by March 7th! Bring your gift certificates and great auction items to the office and fill out a donation form! All forms, details and "how tos" easily found on the website (shop now ^^).
- 2016-02-16 Our Girls C Basketball team finished the season strong with three wins in a row. Congratulations! We love your heart, drive, and perserverance!
- 2016-02-13 More details at www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2016-02-13 The biggest social event of the year for Bethany Academy parents, friends of the school, and alumni families is just five weeks away! Don't miss MARCH MADNESS AUCTION 2016 on Saturday, March 19th! Click www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2016-02-12 Share the LOVE of God this weekend!
- 2016-02-09 Congratulations Justin! Today alumni Justin Flom's book "Adventures of a Kid Magician" hit Walmart's shelves. The production of this book was a family affair with Justin's dad Scott leading the charge. WAY TO GO FLOM FAMILY!
- 2016-02-03 Bethany 3rd graders show their disapproval at our early dismissal yesterday and our 2 hour delay today. They just can't get enough!:)
- 2016-01-27 7th-12th grade showed off their preppy side and the Elementary wore their fancy clothes. We love to have fun during Spririt Week! GO EAGLES! Dont forget Friday Night is Alumni Night!
- 2016-01-26 Last night, families enjoyed a delicious dinner from Fat Lorenzo's served by our Varsity Boys Basketball players, followed by great baskeball games, a chance to purchase hand pom-poms, and a sneak peak at our March Madness 2016 auction items. Phew! It was a busy night and a perfect way to kick- off Spirit Week.
- 2016-01-14 This is a "Don't Miss" kind of night! Catch up with old friends, cheer on our Eagle basketball teams, win prizes, and much more. Don't miss out on all the fun! Alumni Night Friday, January 29th!