WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Christmas Elementary Choral ConcertDec. 1st: 6:30-8pm- Fellowship to follow Read More
Bethany Loves BloomingtonPack food with friends to feed our hungry neighbors. Friday, Dec. 4. Read More
Christmas Secondary Choral ConcertDec. 9th: 6:30-7:30 Read More
December 14th Read More
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
How 300 People Can Feed 30,000
I grew up in a college town where the population varied between 25,000 and 55,000 people depending on the school’s schedule set by the university’s board of regents. Every fall 30,000 college students brought a crazy collegiate atmosphere to our town and we agreed with Aristotle who famously said: “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” In other words, bringing the parts together at one time into one community escalated the value of each and the community thrived.
Today I’m thinking about our Bethany Academy neighbors and how much God values them. Jesus said in Matthew 25:35 and 40: “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat…whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” We pray often that our school will positively impact the community, and packing meals for the hungry is one way we can do this. Hunger in America is real.
30,000 people living within a few square miles of Bethany Academy go to bed hungry every night.
The Twin Cities ranks ninth among urban centers of hunger in the United States.
8,500 people access one of Bloomington’s food shelves every day.
At Bethany Academy we are training future leaders to lead now in the surrounding community, and our upcoming Bethany Loves Bloomington Meal Packing Event gives our students the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of our neighbors. As a school we will meet the needs of hungry people by packing and distributing 30,000 meals on Friday, December 4th.
Bethany Academy’s 235 Kindergarten-12th grade students will pack meals in the gym for 45-60 minutes during a five-hour rotation. We’ll distribute the meals to Bloomington food shelves and other organizations that provide assistance to those in need.
Meal packing and delivering literally requires our hands and feet to serve the hungry. If you want to get involved, please visit the Bethany Loves Bloomington website at www.bethanylovesbloomington.com.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2015-11-20 Our Physics students learned the value of seat belts through this egg experiment. The students where given only a handful of items to deter acceleration and impact of their precious egg. Is this how all engineers really start?
- 2015-11-18 Last night our Senior High Worship Arts teams ushered in a level of praise that blessed all in attendance. Thank you Worship Arts Teams for sharing your gifts with us!
- 2015-11-16 Come Visit Bethany at our Fall Open House! Thursday, November 19th 9am-1pm
- 2015-11-16 It's super easy to set up your family's personal fundraising page for Bethany Academy's meal packing event! This 3-minute video walks you through the process step-by-step so you can start getting sponsors today. Please watch!
- 2015-11-09 Get #SchoolWay, Bethany Academy's new communication app! Need info on how to download? http://myschoolway.com/bethanyacademy
- 2015-11-02 Twelve of our seniors attended the Bloomington Future Leadership Conference hosted by the Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. They received valuable job skill training in the areas of networking, leadership, and interview skills.
- 2015-10-28 We love any excuse to gather- throw in a pizza buffet and basketball and everyone is all smiles. Thank You Pizza Ranch!
- 2015-10-23 Team work + fans= a big W! A special Dig Pink Rally night to raise awareness of breast cancer. You demonstrated persistence and got the win!
- 2015-10-20 We love the joyful humm coming from our excited elementary students as they pour over the new books at our annual Book Fair!
- 2015-10-08 Our 1st graders catch the love of science from our 11th graders as they visit their Chemistry class. We are blessed beyond measure to have students K-12th grade all learning and growing together side by side! Thank you God!
- 2015-09-29 Our 10th gr. Biology class and our 7th gr. Life Science class test water quality, study micoinvertbrete and stream walk at Moir Park 9-Mile Creek Watershed District. Now this is "hands on" learning!
- 2015-09-25 When the students are cheering for the teachers to beat the seniors.....
- 2015-09-23 It's 7:30am and our secondary students are up early to pray for our nation at "Meet You At The Pole."
- 2015-09-10 Rosey Brausen debutes her book " Praying for Healing While Planning a Funeral" on Canada's longest running show "100 Huntley Street". In the video clip below, notice the Bethany Academy shirt Rosey is wearing in one of their family pics--over a million people saw it! Praise God, He is advancing His kingdom through this story. http://www.100huntley.com/video?id=2ZYrkE5uNvo
- 2015-09-01 The Worship Arts team gets to school very early(7:15am) to ensure they are ready to lead the secondary in worship. That is dedication! They actually smiled for the camera too!
- 2015-08-31 Exciment, coffee, doughnuts, and stundents filled the lobby as we kicked off our 2015 - 2016 school year.
- 2015-08-14 It was a perfect day at the beach. Bethany elementary families soaked up the sun, built sandcastles and enjoyed one of the last days of summer at Bush Lake beach.
- 2015-08-11 The Swanson family sport their Eagle pride in Wyoming. The view is almost as cool as their Bethany T-Shirts!
- 2015-08-07 We send a toast of good cheer to Jean Figi - She is celebrating turning 29 years old...again. Happy Birthday Jean- We love you!
- 2015-07-17 K-6 students enjoyed a sunny summer afternoon at Centennial Lakes where they watched a Comedy Juggling and Dangerous Stunts performance, played mini-golf and walked around the lake. We love our Minnesota summers!
- 2015-07-06 When is the 1st day of school for the upcoming 2015/16 school year?
- 2015-06-25 The Millers have Eagle Pride in Grand Marais! When you are traveling this summer, please send us a picture of you in your Bethany Academy spirit wear. Let's see how far our Eagle Pride soars. Send all pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2015-06-22 Mary advances to the next round of competition on the TV show, " So You Think You Can Dance". Sorry Pat, your dance moves didn't quite make the cut but your dad's heart won us all over.
- 2015-06-08 We present the graduating class of 2015! We are very proud of each and everyone of you. Be a world changer and continue to impact the world for Christ! See you at Alumni Night if not before.