WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
"I feel ready to enter college in a secular world so I can live out my faith. " -RT Mould
"I am blessed to be a part of a school that cares deeply about the hearts and minds of the students." -Kevin Kleiner
"Bethany incorporates critical thinking in every subject and daily encourages our daughter in her spiritual walk." -Jim & Julie Miller
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
Last week during our senior high retreat, senior Andrew Larin penned this poem during worship. It is a window to how God has been moving through the students of Bethany Academy. His presence at our school is undeniable. We are humbled by His grace and blessing.
“God is Good”
by Andrew Larin
God you are, amazing,
You are never ending
Your grace is abundant and overflowing,
Dwell within us God,
Stay with us God,
God you are awe-inspiring,
Your way is unknown,
Burn like a fire in me,
Shine bright for all to see,
So take us deeper,
Take us where we can’t breathe,
God take us to places unseen, unexplored, and unchanged,
Take us and use us to speak life,
Change those unchanged, ordinary and dull
Give us the breath of your life,
Give us the creativity that you carry abundantly,
Show us the cross so we may live humbly,
Let us know your heart,
Take us deeper to your heart,
You have the power to heal the sick, broken, and discriminated,
You can make better those who are burdened, lost, and unspoken,
You knew us before we were a thought,
You knit us together every limb, ligament, tendon, and heart,
You captivate our actions for your glory,
You help us reflect your majesty,
Keep us focused on you and your words,
Help us live those out, words of praise, love, kindness, and wisdom, words,
You are the one, who was whipped, lashed, nailed, and outcast,
You freed us and told us we would be outcast,
You told us that life would get worse,
You said that through you, life would get better,
You make us stronger,
You know our hearts so search us,
You can make clean, us,
Show yourself God,
We want you God,
The truth is you want us,
You pursue, love, desire, consume, and freed us,
Our payment vanished when you hung, lifeless and dead, on that cross,
You came back though and we love you,
So show us, no BLOW us away with you.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2013-12-05 Snowmen and dreidels and glow sticks, oh my! But special thanks to the elementary students for using music to beautifully proclaim the story of the birth of a Savior, Jesus Christ!
- 2013-12-04 John Pederson from Bethany College of Missions was our guest speaker in Chapel today. Afterwards, reps from the college were able to speak with a number of students about mission opportunities and the college. It was great to have these members of our "extended family" with us today.
- 2013-12-04 Poinsettia pick-up is today (Wednesday, December 4), 3-6pm. If you sold plants, remember that all plants must be picked up by 6pm. With a fresh coat of snow and a gym full of poinsettias, Christmas must be right around the corner!
- 2013-12-03 Here's a little sneak peek of tonight's Elementary Christmas Concert, taken at yesterday's dress rehearsal. Don't miss this joy-filled musical celebration of the birth of Jesus, starting tonight at 6:30 p.m.!
- 2013-12-02 K-12 Students: Don't forget to come with Christmas gear for Selfie Tuesday tomorrow! Whether you're posting a Christmas selfie with the hashtag #BAChristmasJoy on Instagram or having your picture taken at a BA Christmas station, you'll have a chance to be a part of the 2013 Bethany Christmas Card! So come to school with a large dose of Christmas joy!
- 2013-11-29 In honor of Thanksgiving, check out these awesome Turkeys In Disguise that appeared on the walls last week, courtesy of the very creative Bethany Academy Third Grade!
- 2013-11-27 Bethany Academy is seeking a full-time Director of Admissions and Marketing. For details on the position and how to apply, go to http://bit.ly/Ipr8Ez .
- 2013-11-27 To help get the school office into the Thanksgiving spirit, a bunch of turkeys trotted in this morning! Mrs. Sorensen and her First Grade gobblers brightened our day!
- 2013-11-26 OUR MASCOT HAS A NAME! Say "hey" to SWOOPZ, the official Bethany Academy mascot! His name was suggested by two different BA alumni and was chosen from dozens of entries in our "Name The Mascot Contest". Thanks to everyone who suggested names. There were lots of great suggestions! Come hang out with Swoopz at tonight's home boys basketball games at 6:00 and 7:30!
- 2013-11-25 Here's Bob Bakke speaking to Bethany Academy during chapel last week. His topic? Prayer, of course. Hillside Church is thankful for its partnership with Bethany - its students, faculty, administration, and parents - as we share our building and work together for God's glory!
- 2013-11-22 Almost 50 senior high students "got away" at the Wilderness Retreat earlier this month. Retreats at the Wilderness Fellowship have a special feel to them in part because of the nature of the facility. Deer wander the 244 acres, a working farm exists in one quadrant of the property, the land rolls out fields and forests that are far from any city noise—and the buildings we use are a farmhouse, log cabin, lake house and a modernized meeting lodge made of big logs. It was the perfect setting for fun, friendship, worship, reflection, and spiritual growth.
- 2013-11-21 Earlier this month, BA's 7th and 8th Graders and a group of parents spent the weekend enjoying fun activities, eating yummy food, getting to know each other better, and growing spiritually. As these photos show, if was a pretty amazing experience!
- 2013-11-20 Pastor Bob Bakke from Hillside Church of Bloomington spoke about prayer in chapel today for Grades 7-12. Bethany continues to be blessed by the many ways in which we are able to partner in ministry will Hillside. Praise God!
- 2013-11-20 The new Bethany Blog is a poem written by senior Andrew Larin at our recent senior high retreat. Read it, and you'll be looking through a window to how God has been moving through the students of Bethany Academy. http://bit.ly/12QYCQX
- 2013-11-19 Teachers at Bethany really know their subject areas...and they also really know their students. Knowing each other well means that in the classroom, on the court, in the hallways, and during worship, students and teachers learn together and grow together. That's why Lauren has called Bethany Academy "My School" for years. Spread the word about our Open House for prospective families (Nov. 20, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.) so others can see the meaningful ways that students and teachers connect.
- 2013-11-18 Faith and friends are a powerful combination...and just one of the reasons that Grace loves calling Bethany Academy "My School". Spread the word about our Open House for prospective families (Nov. 20, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.) so others can see faith, friends, and learning in action at BA! http://bethanyacademy.org/openhouse.cfm
- 2013-11-17 Athletics are just one of the reasons that Anna calls Bethany Academy "My School"! Spread the word about our Open House for prospective families (Nov. 20, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.) so others can see how God is a vital part of sports, fine arts, academics, and all aspects of a Bethany Academy education. http://bethanyacademy.org/openhouse.cfm