WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2016-09-27 See You At The Pole day is on Wednesday, September 28, at 7:30 am. All around the globe, students will be gathering at their flagpoles, praying for their schools, friends, families, churches and communities. It's a day committed to global unity in Christ and prayer for your generation. Be a part of something amazing!
- 2016-09-23 Support our school! When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Bethany Academy. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support Bethany Academy by starting your shopping at: https://goo.gl/1kPN7R
- 2016-09-19 It's Spirit Week at Bethany! Music Genre for tomorrow~ Then Red Carpet on Wednesday, Wild Animal on Thursday and Blue & Gold Spirit Wear on Friday. Let's get in the spirit! GO EAGLES! :-)
- 2016-09-16 The boys had another great week of soccer with a big win on Thursday in the pouring rain. They look to continue their success tomorrow with games at 10:00 and 12:00 and would love to see you there. (Check the school website for more info.)
- 2016-09-15 Join us on Tuesdays 9/20 and 9/27 for Bethany Academy Volleyball home matches. We have a young team this year, and we rely heavily on our seasoned captains to help lead and develop this young team. They're pictured here. Go Eagles!
- 2016-09-15 Join us every Monday for a powerful time of prayer! All are welcome!
- 2016-09-14 As shared by Bruce Maeda, our superintendent, to love God you must live a life of worship. "Always acknowledging the majesty and sovereignty of God and being willing to love and adore Him above all else. Then to display His love towards others in acts of kindness and service." Here is this year's Theme Verse: "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things." 1 Chronicles 29:11
- 2016-09-07 Order your Bethany Academy apparel today! Promo code of "7vx12Rbc" good for $10 off until 10/21/16. Sample items available for your review. Click here: http://goo.gl/Qibwxe
- 2016-06-07 Congratulations graduates! May God bless you as you move on from Bethany Academy.
- 2016-06-05 Joyful Noise from a video perspective.
- 2016-06-05 We had a blast at Joyful Noise!! Met so many new friends, had a ton of fun watching our pigs race, and rewarded winners of our "half court basketball" competition. Thanks to our amazing donors and volunteers who made it happen for 19,000 people at the National Sports Center.
- 2016-06-03 We are excited to help sponsor KTIS' Joyful Noise 2016 on Saturday, June 4th in Blaine at the National Sports Center! Come join us in the Family Fun area between 10am-6pm to shoot a basket at the mini basketball court, win prizes, get your free Bethany Academy backpack featuring an exclusive design debuting at Joyful Noise, snap a selfie in our HUGE Instagram frame and more! Some generous donors helped set us up at Joyful Noise, so tell your friends to visit as we spread the word about Bethany Academy!
- 2016-06-03 Joyful Noise news, artist lineup, and ROAD CONSTRUCTION update!
- 2016-06-01 The Kindergarteners completed a big step and graduated today! Congratulations on being big kids now.
- 2016-05-28 Wonderful chapel led by the seniors. Though the advice was intended for the juniors (as they assume leadership), the words are good reminders for all of us about the special attributes of Bethany Acadmey (caring teachers, growth in Christ, strong academics, stronger friendships, lots of opportunities, etc.). Way to go seniors!
- 2016-05-11 Thanks to all of the musicians, Mr. Esala, Mr. Arneson, and Mrs. Allison for more fabulous, God honoring music this week!
- 2016-05-10 Our 6th graders grew connections with God, His creation , and each other through fun team building activities.
- 2016-05-09 Jane Allison has done it again. These kids were awesome! All glory to God.
- 2016-04-20 IT WAS A RECORD SETTING WEEKEND FOR senior Abigail Bakken when she threw the Discus 119'10 feet and the Shot Put 35'9 feet- setting a new record for our Co-Op New Life track team (Both previous records were held by New Life students). Abigail surpassed her own PB throws of 101'7 in Discus and 34 feet in Shot Put. WAY TO GO Abigail!
- 2016-04-06 2016 "Greatest American" Tournament winner is Mallory Mixter! In this tournament, each student in our freshman class chose an American hero to represent in a series of debates. Mallory chose Martin Luther King Jr. She was inspired by King's courage and perseverance in leading the struggle for civil rights.
- 2016-03-25 Our sixth grade students brought us one of Bethany Academy's annual favorite elementary chapels when they presented the story of Purim, the celebration of Esther obeying God "for such a time as this." As our music teacher Jane Allison explained to the K-6th grade students, the story of Esther shows us how carefully God preserved the ancestral line that led to the birth of Christ.
- 2016-03-16 The MARCH MADNESS Bethany Academy Auction is this Saturday, March 19th from 5:30 - 10:00 pm. Tickets and all the details are on our website at: www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2016-03-14 It's Coffee and Donuts Week! Our NHS students are hosting coffee and donuts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of this week, in the lobby. For a $2 donation you will receive a yummy donut and fresh coffee served with a variety of flavored creamers. All donations go towards the support of our National Honor Society.
- 2016-03-06 The audience had a surprise treat at today's final performance of "Peter Pan and Wendy" when director Miss Hannah Jackson took the stage as Grown-up Wendy in the final scene. Thank you Miss Jackson for your passion and dedication, student actors and tech crew for your performances, and parents and guests for your support!