WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Kindergarten GraduationCelebrate the end of the first year of school with the Kindergarteners. Read More
Elementary Choral ConcertMay 2nd: 6:30-8pm- Fellowship to follow Read More
High School Graduation
Secondary Choral ConcertMay 8th: 6:30-7:30; fellowship to follow Read More
May 9, 6:30-8; fellowship to follow Read More
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2017-04-28 Excited to hear the beautiful voices of our K-6 students! Share this post with your family and friends!
- 2017-04-27 We appreciate your prayers! Our 9th graders are back safe and sound. Here are some pics of the group that traveled to DC last weekend...
- 2017-04-21 Let's pray for our 9th grade students who are heading to Washington DC today! May God bless them, keep them safe and strengthen their bonds of friendship... We pray this in your precious name, Jesus Christ!
- 2017-04-20 Mr. Peters' 10th grade World History class finished up their ‘Warrior Rumble’ tournament in which students battled it out in a March Madness style format to decide which civilization in history (before gunpowder) produced the greatest warriors. This year the Medieval Knights (represented by Alec Brausen) defeated the Persian Immortals (represented by Ben Lechtenberg) to win the championship.
- 2017-04-19 STEM Fest 2017! Our grades 5-8 students showcased their work and discoveries. They explained what they discovered about the scientific world our awesome God created.
- 2017-04-19 For Service Day, our 9th & 11th graders processed $6,541 of merchandise through their various activities which made for a productive morning! Arc's Value Village was grateful for our help and we were grateful for the opportunity to serve! Here are more pics: pix.sfly.com/bowWWz90
- 2017-04-13 Today, Bethany Academy Secondary students are embodying the Kingdom of God through service and self-sacrificial love - a day of service in which we put our needs and wants aside and focus on the needs of others. We're allowing God to reshape our hearts and help us create a daily habit of reflecting the image of God through self-sacrificial love!
- 2017-04-13 And the results are in for Mr. Peters' 9th grade U.S. history activity. Students participated in a March Madness style tournament to decide who was the Greatest American. This year, Teddy Roosevelt was victorious (represented by Everett Peters) and was met in the finals with Abraham Lincoln (represented by Chase Bixel). Congratulations, Boys!
- 2017-04-12 Next Wednesday, April 19th, is Elementary Grandpeople Day! Invite your grandparents or special people in your life to attend. Treats and fellowship in the Cafeteria at 8:00 a.m. followed by a visit to your child's classroom and a service in the Chapel. Please RSVP with Rebecca Quick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can join us!
- 2017-03-22 Do you have yours yet? Pick up a free car decal from the school office. Let's get the word out about the "Best Kept Secret in Bloomington"! :-)
- 2017-03-17 Happy Spring!
- 2017-03-13 Two entertaining performances are coming soon! Plan to join us~ Bring a friend! Share this event :-)
- 2017-03-11 Ready.. Get Set... GO! Online bidding starts NOW. Click on the green “start bidding” button from here: http://bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi/
- 2017-03-10 Check out these amazing donors! So thankful for their generosity and support! Fat Lorenzo's Bloomington (in the VFW Bar), Abdallah Candies, Trader Joe's, Minnesota Lynx, Deb Wagner, Tony Block and Julie Hull
- 2017-03-10 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! STREETZ American Grill, Milio's Sandwiches, Al Vento Restaurant, Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More, Jensen's food & cocktails and Radon Testing of MN (radontestingmn.com)
- 2017-03-10 Online bidding starts tomorrow at 9 AM! Have you registered yet? Click on the green “start bidding” button from here: http://bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi/
- 2017-03-10 Here are more of our amazing donors... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 98.5 KTIS, MDB - Minnesota Developmental Basketball, Crystal Lake Golf & Banquet, Tucci Benucch, Bryant Lake Bowl & Theater, Melt Shop and Original Pancake House - Burnsville
- 2017-03-10 Unbelievable but TRUE! We have a few extra tickets on sale for the Aloha Auction. You can still join us! Buy tickets here: https://goo.gl/pNpWpF
- 2017-03-10 Check out these amazing donors! So thankful for their generosity and support! Creation Museum, Mi5 Fitness & CrossFit Lakeville, Minnesota Sword Club, North Shore Scenic Railroad, Glensheen, Cities 97 and Dale Studios (www.dalestudios.com)
- 2017-03-09 Nerf games, cookies & crafts, Big Thrill Factory, pizza and movie, pool party and more! Our Aloha Auction offers fun teacher experiences! View them here: https://goo.gl/BV9rcF
- 2017-03-09 Our Aloha Auction is paperless with Mobile Bidding from Greater Giving! All bidding on Silent Auction items will be done online using your smart phone. Register today at www.bethanyacademy.ggo.mobi and watch this video: https://goo.gl/T9Faje
- 2017-03-09 Do you know these amazing donors?!? Be sure to thank them for their generous contributions. We are full of gratitude for them! AirMaxx Trampoline Park & Fun Center, Jakes City Grille, Minnesota Orchestra, Cafe Latte, Velasquez Family Coffee, Artistry MN, and JD's Salsa
- 2017-03-07 Mahalo to our Corporate Sponsors
- 2017-03-06 Don't miss out on all the fun! Today is the LAST DAY to purchase your tickets! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm