WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
"Bethany has helped me prepare for life by teaching me how to defend my faith well." - Karissa Vetsch
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Bethany Academy proudly presents Sherlock Holmes - A comedy by Tim Kelly: Friday, March 6th at 7pm and Saturday, March 7 [ ... ]
Join the Worship Arts Class, John Russell, and Jane Allison for a night of Worship! Tuesday, March 17th, [ ... ]
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
Black Friday may have sounded like a good idea when it started to become popular several years ago. After all, Thanksgiving Day was a day of plenty and rest, a time when stomachs fill up and families connect. A quiet Friday morning probably seemed unexciting to parents and kids alike after all of that turkey and activity from the day before. Yet, now that the hectic frenzy of imposter traditions are trying to hold Thanksgiving hostage and threaten to replace the real meaning of Christmas, it's time to slow things down and reclaim what's ours. It's time to take back what really matters to us and give our families and kids a chance to recharge.
As parents, God has given us the keys to the family vehicle and the authority to control the velocity of our family's schedule. It's time to reclaim the promise of peace on earth and peace in our homes.
Here are several things you can do to help your kids and family recharge this Christmas:
- Get outside.Become a kid again and go sledding, ice skating, or on winter walks.Time seems to stand still when we get away from electronics and the pursuit of materialistic things.Experiencing God's beautiful creation brings a sense of calm within a hurried soul.It's amazing how peaceful snowflakes fall amid an orchestra of gentle serenity.
- Spend time praying as a family.When we focus on Christ and look to Him to meet our spiritual needs, the importance of those $99 deals at the local department store start to fade.
- Limit commitments.We are the gatekeepers and we know when the exhaustion meter in our kid's eyes hits 100%.Saying no always feel uncomfortable in the moment it's uttered, but the benefits are realized when your pulse drops as you settle in for a warm night of family time.
- Honor traditions.The type of traditions isn't as important as making and honoring them.Traditions remind our families we are grateful for another year, thankful for the special people that surround us, and worshipful of God, the Giver of all good things.It slows the pace of life when we take time out to answer the question of why we exist.
- Focus on serving others.When we serve it makes us more like Christ.It also reminds our kids of the joys of serving and starts to recharge their hearts with a potent fuel for life.Some of the best places to serve are at soup kitchens, homeless shelters, nursing homes, and church.
- Reflect on the words of Christ.Jesus only "lost his cool" once and for good reasons when He encountered greedy people who tried to take over the temple.Otherwise, He was the one calming the storms of life and bringing peace to troubled souls in despair.That is why His words should be close to our hearts anytime life threatens to get out of control. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." In John 16:33 He said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Merry Christmas and may God bring peace to your heart and home!
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2015-03-30 We hope everyone enjoys a relaxing and safe Spring Break. Classes resume Tuesday, April 7th.
- 2015-03-24 Each of our 6th grade students wrote a book describing all aspects of their lives using the ABC letters as their story headings. We are in awe of how God has made each and every student just perfect for His purpose!
- 2015-03-18 Our varsity baseball players didn't seem to notice that they were playing baseball before the sun was officially up. We are looking forward to a great season!
- 2015-03-18 Last night was a powerful worship night! God is so good. Thank you Worship Arts Team for sharing your gifts and talents with us.
- 2015-03-17 "The Shield About Me". The 4th grade class learned about the life and missionary work of St. Patrick. Each student wrote and excerpt from his breastplate prayer. It is a reminder of how Christ is our shield today and everyday.
- 2015-03-17 Happy St. Patty's Day from Mrs. Weigand's zany 5th grade class
- 2015-03-13 Our Senior High Choir sang at the Sub-Section Choir Contest on Wednesday, March 11th at Concordia University. Our choir earned the highest possible rating of "Superior" by all three judges. This is the second year in a row the choir has earned a "Superior" rating. Congratulations!
- 2015-03-12 Join us as we RAISE the ROOF at our All School Praise and Worship Night: Tuesday, March 17th, 7pm-8:30pm. God has been so faithful to this school! We can't wait to RAISE the ROOF in gratitude
- 2015-03-11 We just love our auction! Here is just a glimpse of some of the great items we have already received! It's not too late to bring yours in, donations are always welcome.
- 2015-03-04 The smell of toasting waffles filled the lobby as students patiently waited for their little plate of heaven. The most interesting waffle creation? Blueberry waffles topped with strawberry jam and Nutella. Yum?!
- 2015-03-04 Be delighted and entertained as our 7th-12th grade students bring to life Tim Kelly's Comedy, "Sherlock Holmes". It's a wonderful family event for all ages! Friday, March 6th at 7pm, Saturday, March 7th at 2pm.
- 2015-03-02 Shhh! Our second grade class just couldn't pass up the opportunity to catch a few rays by reading in the sunshine. From indoors it looks like it could be spring!
- 2015-03-02 Our NHS kicks of Breakfast Week with muffins. Breakfast will be served in the lobby everyday this week. Tomorrow is Toast Tuesday!
- 2015-02-24 Our 2nd year Spanish class took the school to several different countries through their "SpanishTrip" boards. They cooked an authentic dish from their country of choice and brought items and artifacts to share!
- 2015-02-20 It's Freaky Friday! Is Roth Returning? Not for now, but we all know who he still loves best!!! (Chris, do these extra exclamation points get under your English teachers skin.)
- 2015-02-19 It's Throwback Thursday! The year is 1995. Her silver hair had not yet fully arrived but boy she could rock her nineties hairdo. Who is she?
- 2015-02-18 Raise the Roof for our Seniors! At Basketball and Cheerleading Senior Night! Thursday, February 19th at 7pm
- 2015-02-16 Do you accept international students?
- 2015-02-14 "I have loved you with an everlasting love...." Jeremiah 31:3. Happy Valentine's Day!
- 2015-02-12 Our elementary students are busy selling $1 bracelets to support Threads of Hope in the Philippines. Stay tuned to see how many bracelets were sold.
- 2015-02-10 Alumni Night photo-booth catches our blue and gold spirit. Click to open and see the crazy, zany, and epic ways we show Bethany pride.
- 2015-02-10 Miss Parrish celebrates the end of the basketball season by taking her 5/6 grade team to see the Golden Gophers.
- 2015-02-06 There is only one explantion for all of this blue and gold....IT'S ALUMNI NIGHT!!!!!! WE LOVE OUR ALUMNI!