SHOOTAROUND @ 11AM
WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Open HouseExperience Bethany Academy firsthand. Meet teachers and tour the building. Stay for the boys Varsity Basketball game at 7 p.m. Read More
Join us for Bethany Academy's ALOHA Auction on Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 5:30 - 10:00 pm at the Crystal Lake Golf Course. Bethany Academy's Spring Auction is the school's largest fundraiser and a favorite night out for families!
Check back for updated:
- Silent Auction items
- Class Basket Information
- Live Auction items
- Ticket Order Forms
- Opportunities to Volunteer
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2017-01-16 You’re invited to Bethany Academy’s Open House on Tuesday, January 24th at 6:00 pm. Meet our teachers, tour the building and attend a basketball game vs. Legacy at 7:00. Share this post with your friends! #openhouse #Lovethisschool #meetandgreet #watchbasketball
- 2017-01-13 Save the date! Join us at our Aloha Auction 2017 on March 11th!
- 2017-01-11 Make memories with the Bethany Academy community at the Big Thrill Factory on January 28th! Students can begin selling Play Cards on January 13th. These Play Cards are $10 each and contain 40 points. Buy your Play Cards early so you can begin playing as soon as you arrive!
- 2017-01-10 Students, you are not the sum of your last semester. You are not defined by your GPA. You are not defined by your best class, and you are not defined by your worst class. As you start this new semester, remember to rest in the knowledge that you are complete in Christ, and trust the promise that with His grace you will not only survive, but THRIVE this semester. We can't wait to see all the ways God is going to be at work in the lives of each and every student here at Bethany Academy these next 16 weeks!
- 2017-01-02 Start the new year off right by joining us next Monday for a powerful time of prayer! All are welcome!
- 2016-12-19 Merry Christmas! "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15
- 2016-12-19 Our students at Bethany's Secondary Christmas Concert praise God with their beautiful voices! Thank you to Jane Allison, our talented music director, for a great program!
- 2016-12-10 Buy Bethany Academy Spirit Wear for your Christmas gifts! And get $10 off with promo code of E7PwaGB6. Click here: https://goo.gl/Qibwxe
- 2016-12-09 Celebrating Jesus' birth at our Elementary Concert this week!
- 2016-12-05 Merry Christmas! We're celebrating the season with 3 Christmas concerts at Bethany. Tomorrow night (12/6), our Elementary Concert at 6:30 pm, our All School Band Concert on Monday, Dec. 12th at 6:30 pm AND our Secondary Concert on Tuesday, Dec. 13th at 6:30 pm. Join us in praising our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
- 2016-11-30 Today during Chapel, Pastor Tim Hatt reminded us that our Father rejoices over us with singing. This is God's love letter to you. God loves you!
- 2016-11-29 Nothing better than hearing our children recite the Word of God... Our first graders recited Psalm 100 - the WHOLE thing!
- 2016-11-28 Join the 3-Point Club! All parents and businesses can donate an amount for every 3-point shot and free throw basket scored or designate a total donation amount for the 2016-2017 basketball season. Please return form by Wed. November 30. Go Eagles!
- 2016-11-24 Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! Praising Jesus for all His blessings~
- 2016-11-17 Join the 3-Point Club! All parents and businesses can donate an amount for every 3-point shot and free throw basket scored or designate a total donation amount for the 2016-2017 basketball season. Please return form by Wed. November 30. Go Eagles!
- 2016-11-16 Enjoy this beautiful God-given day and remember...
- 2016-11-15 Our student council's motto this year is #Unashamed. Last week during Spiritual Emphasis week, our students heard about being "Intentional." They got a glimpse of one life changed by an encounter with God and they saw an illustration of how feelings and obedience are not always in the same place. We are praying for God to grow what He planted. #Unashamed #worshipGod
- 2016-11-14 Purchase your beautiful Wagners' poinsettias and cyclamen and/or sell them to your friends, neighbors and church family. (White cyclamen are no longer available.) Return your orders to school by Monday, Nov. 21st. Order forms here: https://goo.gl/C1NrF7
- 2016-11-12 Support our school by shopping at AmazonSmile for your Christmas gifts! Share this post with family & friends. #StartWithaSmile
- 2016-11-11 What are you doing with your child's outgrown Bethany Academy t-shirts? Why not bring them in to swap or give away to families with younger children? Drop off your BA gear to office ONLY on Tuesday & Wednesday, Nov. 15-16. Get your recycled BA gear in the school lobby on Thursday, November 17 from 7:45-8:30 am.
- 2016-11-10 FOR A LIMITED TIME! See any Bethany student to buy your very own super funny Chick-fil-A calendar. Buy these as gifts for family and friends! They are $10 each and have over $50 of coupons included!
- 2016-11-07 You’re invited to Bethany Academy’s Open House on Tuesday, November 15 at 6:00 pm. Meet our teachers, tour the building and attend a Fall Worship Chapel. Share this post with your friends! #openhouse #Lovethisschool #meetandgreet #worshipGod
- 2016-11-03 Bethany Loves Bloomington was a successful fundraiser and community service event! Our students packed 30,504 meals. Thank you to our partners Harvest Pack who brought the food supplies and Good in the Hood who distributed the packed meals. Thank you to our sponsors Dr. Nathan Reader, Southdale Eye Clinic, Sportsman’s Guide, Northern Tool, Arch Language Network, Universal Cleaning Services and FPX! And a HUGE thank you to Rochelle Platter and Amy Graff who led our volunteers and helped coordinate Bethany Loves Bloomington this year!