WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
"Bethany has helped me prepare for life by teaching me how to defend my faith well." - Karissa Vetsch
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Bethany Academy proudly presents Sherlock Holmes - A comedy by Tim Kelly: Friday, March 6th at 7pm and Saturday, March 7 [ ... ]
Join the Worship Arts Class, John Russell, and Jane Allison for a night of Worship! Tuesday, March 17th, [ ... ]
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
Black Friday may have sounded like a good idea when it started to become popular several years ago. After all, Thanksgiving Day was a day of plenty and rest, a time when stomachs fill up and families connect. A quiet Friday morning probably seemed unexciting to parents and kids alike after all of that turkey and activity from the day before. Yet, now that the hectic frenzy of imposter traditions are trying to hold Thanksgiving hostage and threaten to replace the real meaning of Christmas, it's time to slow things down and reclaim what's ours. It's time to take back what really matters to us and give our families and kids a chance to recharge.
As parents, God has given us the keys to the family vehicle and the authority to control the velocity of our family's schedule. It's time to reclaim the promise of peace on earth and peace in our homes.
Here are several things you can do to help your kids and family recharge this Christmas:
- Get outside.Become a kid again and go sledding, ice skating, or on winter walks.Time seems to stand still when we get away from electronics and the pursuit of materialistic things.Experiencing God's beautiful creation brings a sense of calm within a hurried soul.It's amazing how peaceful snowflakes fall amid an orchestra of gentle serenity.
- Spend time praying as a family.When we focus on Christ and look to Him to meet our spiritual needs, the importance of those $99 deals at the local department store start to fade.
- Limit commitments.We are the gatekeepers and we know when the exhaustion meter in our kid's eyes hits 100%.Saying no always feel uncomfortable in the moment it's uttered, but the benefits are realized when your pulse drops as you settle in for a warm night of family time.
- Honor traditions.The type of traditions isn't as important as making and honoring them.Traditions remind our families we are grateful for another year, thankful for the special people that surround us, and worshipful of God, the Giver of all good things.It slows the pace of life when we take time out to answer the question of why we exist.
- Focus on serving others.When we serve it makes us more like Christ.It also reminds our kids of the joys of serving and starts to recharge their hearts with a potent fuel for life.Some of the best places to serve are at soup kitchens, homeless shelters, nursing homes, and church.
- Reflect on the words of Christ.Jesus only "lost his cool" once and for good reasons when He encountered greedy people who tried to take over the temple.Otherwise, He was the one calming the storms of life and bringing peace to troubled souls in despair.That is why His words should be close to our hearts anytime life threatens to get out of control. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." In John 16:33 He said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Merry Christmas and may God bring peace to your heart and home!
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2015-02-24 Our 2nd year Spanish class took the school to several different countries through their "SpanishTrip" boards. They cooked an authentic dish from their country of choice and brought items and artifacts to share!
- 2015-02-20 It's Freaky Friday! Is Roth Returning? Not for now, but we all know who he still loves best!!! (Chris, do these extra exclamation points get under your English teachers skin.)
- 2015-02-19 It's Throwback Thursday! The year is 1995. Her silver hair had not yet fully arrived but boy she could rock her nineties hairdo. Who is she?
- 2015-02-18 Raise the Roof for our Seniors! At Basketball and Cheerleading Senior Night! Thursday, February 19th at 7pm
- 2015-02-16 Do you accept international students?
- 2015-02-14 "I have loved you with an everlasting love...." Jeremiah 31:3. Happy Valentine's Day!
- 2015-02-12 Our elementary students are busy selling $1 bracelets to support Threads of Hope in the Philippines. Stay tuned to see how many bracelets were sold.
- 2015-02-10 Alumni Night photo-booth catches our blue and gold spirit. Click to open and see the crazy, zany, and epic ways we show Bethany pride.
- 2015-02-10 Miss Parrish celebrates the end of the basketball season by taking her 5/6 grade team to see the Golden Gophers.
- 2015-02-06 There is only one explantion for all of this blue and gold....IT'S ALUMNI NIGHT!!!!!! WE LOVE OUR ALUMNI!
- 2015-02-05 The elementary students were eager to have their sports posters signed by secondary basketball players and the cheer squad!
- 2015-02-05 Spirit Week continues with the Secondary students dressing in their class color!
- 2015-02-04 Spirit Week continues as our students bring mystery to Masquerade Day. Lois Lane, we now know why you were fooled by Clark Kent's glasses.
- 2015-02-03 Alumni Memories In 1987 a gallon of gas was .89, a dozen eggs was .65 and a tight curl perm was priceless. Who can name these 1987 Bethany Volleyball greats?
- 2015-02-02 Is there a Doctor in the house? It's Medical Day here at Bethany Academy and the Seniors show us how to get it done. Do we see another medical mini-series in the making...or a sitcom?
- 2015-02-02 Spirit Week has officially started! It's a great week of games, activities, and festivities culminating on Friday with our favorite Alumni Night. Alumni, Friday, February 6th is all about you and we can't wait to see you again! It's a great night to catch up with old friends so get your blue and gold on! 6pm-BA JV Boys vs Fair Charter, 7:30- Varsity vs Fair Charter
- 2015-01-28 It was "Fancy Day" today in the Elementary at Bethany Academy. Our students could give Hollywood a lesson or two.
- 2015-01-23 It's a Skating Party for the whole school! Whether you're in Kindergarten or 12th grade, a parent or grandparent. Ice skating is a wonderful way to enjoy our winter wonderland!
- 2015-01-22 The 1st graders in Mrs. Sorenson's class bring super heroes to life during our Super Hero dress-up day. We felt very safe with so many caped crusaders in our halls.
- 2015-01-22 It's the end of the first semester at Bethany Academy. Our secondary students are busy studying for finals and that means relaxed clothing is in order. It's so much easier to study when you are comfortable.
- 2015-01-16 At Bethany Academy the only thing more important than academic excellence is the deepening of our relationship with Christ. This passion can be witnessed in the classroom of Genelle Clark.
- 2015-01-14 Mrs. Ray's 3rd grade art class gets creative doing self portrait collages. This particular piece of art was created with different pictures from magazines.
- 2015-01-08 Students packed the chapel today at Bethany Academy as the Axis team led a discussion on Ethics as part of their overall focus on the spiritual impact of "Pop" culture. God is deeply concerned and interested in the choices students make.