WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
"I feel ready to enter college in a secular world so I can live out my faith. " -RT Mould
"I am blessed to be a part of a school that cares deeply about the hearts and minds of the students." -Kevin Kleiner
"Bethany incorporates critical thinking in every subject and daily encourages our daughter in her spiritual walk." -Jim & Julie Miller
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
Change…that ugly word that sends most of us ducking for cover, looking for the nearest escape route, and utilizing our best persuasive skills to talk our way out of the change. Change can be the beginning of a difficult journey that often leads to a defined measure of success. The path is not easy to start, the road traveled can be filled with ruts and bumps and potholes, but the conclusion is usually well worth the trip. It’s in gaining the outcomes we want that make change so necessary.
Bethany Academy is no stranger to change, especially in the last couple of years. At the State of the School Address, you heard about some of our plans for the upcoming school year, particularly in the area of the spiritual development of our students. We are certainly not broken as we have an amazing, spirit-filled, prayerful culture where Christ is honored. However, we are seeing a changing culture that is pulling on all young people in very subtle yet powerful ways, luring them into a way of thinking that is counter to what Scripture teaches.
At Bethany Academy, we want to be forward in our thinking to help prepare our students to live successfully for the Kingdom in this changing world. Our students are looking for a greater purpose for why they do what they do, not the mediocrity for which society encourages them to settle.
In planning their Spiritual Emphasis Week, the seniors started their conversation by quoting Francis Chan, author of Crazy Love and former pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Simi Valley, California: “Your greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things that don’t matter.”
Our passion and focus needs to be such that our students see and experience Christ in all they do and learn, so that the world’s screams of “Come follow me!” will be drowned out by the still, small whisper of the call of the Lord.
Please continue to pray Joshua 1:7 with us as we seek the Lord for His direction concerning capturing the hearts and minds of our students for His glory.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2014-04-23 ALUMNI UPDATE: You can watch Mary LeVoir (BA Class of 2011) and the University of Minnesota Dance Team compete in the ICU World Cheerleading Championship. Go to TEAM USA DANCE online at www.cheerunion.org and click on "ICU World Cheerleading Championship". The schedule is as follows: Thursday 4/24, Opening ceremonies, 1:00-2:15; Friday 4/25, Jazz at 10:53 and Pom at 12:12. Congratulations to Mary and the whole U of M squad for this fantastic accomplishment!
- 2014-04-23 Both JV (3-2) and Varsity (5-2) Baseball had a WIN last night…and the softball team was there to cheer them on!
- 2014-04-22 Varsity baseball wins again (12-1)! Go Eagles!
- 2014-04-17 Throwback Thursday: Check out these Biology Class photos from a few days ago!
- 2014-04-16 We LOVE it when Heather Flies of Wooddale Church is our chapel speaker. Thanks, Heather, for sharing the Word of God with us today and making us think, laugh, and share!
- 2014-04-16 Dr. David Boyd spoke with our junior high and high school students today. Topics included social media, the importance of multigenerational relationships, and a brief detour on how to pinroll jeans!
- 2014-04-14 On Saturday, Bethany Academy was thrilled to host a parent seminar led by Dr. David Boyd. His topics included "How to help your child survive in a technology-saturated society" and "Practical Tips for handling daily decisions and the pressures of parenting." The morning included lots of great discussion! Our secondary students will also get to hear Dr. Boyd in a special assembly tomorrow.
- 2014-04-13 Congratulations to the Eagles for winning their first Varsity Baseball game of the season! They beat Southwest Christian (5-4) in a nail biter, thanks in part to a hit by pinch hitter Brandon Melnick, allowing Andrew Larin to advance from third base to score the run! Way to go, Eagles!
- 2014-04-11 At Bethany Academy, we want to be forward in our thinking to help prepare our students to live successfully for the Kingdom in this changing world. Robin Sovine, Head Administrator, writes about that in the new Bethany Blog. http://www.bethanyacademy.org/blog.cfm?
- 2014-04-09 Many of you spend time praying for Bethany Academy, and we so appreciate that! Over the next nine weeks, we want to make a special effort focus our prayers, as a community, on three different teachers each week. Would you join with us as we pray for those who are on the frontlines of helping to shape our future leaders? During this week of April 7th, we are going to be praying for the following three teachers: Jane Allison, Karen Evans, and Keith Esala. In addition to holding those teachers in prayer, we encourage you to send them a note or quick email to let them know you are thinking of them. Once again, thank you for the ongoing prayers for Bethany Academy!
- 2014-04-08 Today’s kids and parents are living in a world filled with social media land mines and developmental and emotional potholes. That is why you are invited to attend a FREE SEMINAR FOR PARENTS AND LEADERS on Saturday, April 12, 9-11 am at Bethany Academy. The seminar will be led by Dr. David Boyd, an expert in the area of developmental stages of adolescence and emerging adults. Register here: http://bit.ly/1ls2l3m
- 2014-04-08 Before Spring Break, Bethany third graders gave biography presentations about historical figures that they studied in February as part of Black History Month. As you can see from these photos, their presentations came alive as they became living versions of the books they read!
- 2014-04-04 Bethany Academy is hosting "Is This Normal", a free seminar for parents on Saturday, April 12. Dr. David Boyd, an expert in the area of developmental stages of adolescence and emerging adults, will be the featured speaker. Get all the details here: http://www.bethanyacademy.org/parentseminarapril12.cfm
- 2014-03-28 The Class of 2012 was well-represented at yesterdays Senior Breakfast! Zach Hagen stopped by to support his brother Sam and catch up with Coach Kleiner and Coach Ray. And Linclon Poole shared his story and talked with seniors about what BA means to him. We love it when alumni are on campus!
- 2014-03-27 Rochelle Platter has been on staff for about a month as our Director of Development and...Chief Door Opener? Read all about it in the new Bethany Blog! http://www.bethanyacademy.org/blog.cfm
- 2014-03-27 We Celebrated Seniors today at the Annual Senior Breakfast. This special event ended with a slideshow of adjectives that teachers chose to describe each of the seniors. Take a look at what teachers think of this amazing class… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3zcsSqogr0&feature=related
- 2014-03-21 We're getting ready to go Greek! Parents, students, and staff are working hard right now to get everything perfect for Our Big Fat Greek Auction TOMORROW NIGHT. We'll see you tomorrow night! Get more info: http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2014-03-20 We all could use a night to put the snow behind us and escape to Greece, and MY BIG FAT GREEK AUCTION this Saturday is the perfect chance to do that! We have some fantastic auction items, including several ticket packages for 4 people, making them perfect items to bid on with another Bethany Academy couple. Try inviting someone to join you for the Twins game, Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, or the ballet, and pool your dollars to score the tickets! Additionally you’ll see gourmet dinner dates, vacation packages and Minnesota team sport tickets; bring your family calendar! It’s not too late to RSVP; just email Rochelle and Rosey at email@example.com. For additional auction information, including a list of lots of the items up for bid (including the Matt Cooke-signed Wild Stick that Mr. Ray and Mrs. Figi are posing with), go to http://www.bethanyacademy.org/auction.cfm
- 2014-03-19 Senior our winter sports Senior Night in February was cancelled because of one of Minnesota's Arctic Blasts, senior basketball players, cheerleaders, and their parents were recognized in chapel today. Thanks to all of them for the time, talents, and Eagle Pride!
- 2014-03-18 Yesterday, Elementary Chapel featured the delightful annual Purim Play, in which the 6th Grade brought to life the story of Esther. It was preceded by student-led praise and worship. Special thanks to Mrs. Allison for her leadership in helping equip these elementary students to use their God-given talents!