WHY BETHANY ACADEMY
The teachers make an extra effort to not only instill knowledge in students, but also attempt to know students on a deeper level and establish a genuine relationship with them. Mark Mikhail
"I love that we strive for academic excellence but not at the cost of our Christian convictions." - Genelle Clark
"I knew when I walked in the door that this was the school my boys were meant to be at. Although there is no perfect place, this is as close as you can get."
NEWS & UPDATES
Join us for Bethany Academy's ALOHA Auction on Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 5:30 - 10:00 pm at the Crystal Lake Golf Course. Bethany Academy's Spring Auction is the school's largest fundraiser and a favorite night out for families!
Check back for updated:
- Silent Auction items
- Class Basket Information
- Live Auction items
- Ticket Order Forms
- Opportunities to Volunteer
Christmas Elementary Choral ConcertDec. 6th: 6:30-8pm- Fellowship to follow Read More
Christmas Secondary Choral ConcertDec. 12th: 6:30-7:30 Read More
December 13th Read More
BETHANY BLOGvisit blog
I read an article in which author David Scott was quoted as saying, "Education must be looked at as an investment, not a cost. The cost of not doing so is a price too dear to pay." I would add that Christian education is an even more important investment and am glad so many parents send their children to Bethany Academy - which seems to show their agreement with this.
Also, preliminary information from a Youth Specialties and YouthWorks report was released supporting the data that nearly 60% of youth leave the church after high school. The report identifies the "ubiquity and onslaught of information and competing worldviews, as well as a greater resistance to the gospel among their peers make it harder for young people to find meaning in a complex culture."
The report states the "fact that teens lack commitment [in their youth ministries] due to general busyness, and the broad scarcity of student leaders, suggests that relationships and engagement in church are not reaching sufficient depth. Youth leaders are right to prioritize discipleship and relationship building."
Christian schools are in a unique position to support youth ministries as we are able to help grow disciples through strong relationships - which takes time to develop. Time we have that youth ministries do not.
As we help grow our students in their faith, let's also encourage them to exercise their leadership skills in their youth programs, not shy away from them because they have already gone to chapel or have gotten enough "Bible" or "religion" through their classes, and see what God will do through them - even helping grow other disciples!
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- 2016-11-30 Today during Chapel, Pastor Tim Hatt reminded us that our Father rejoices over us with singing. This is God's love letter to you. God loves you!
- 2016-11-29 Nothing better than hearing our children recite the Word of God... Our first graders recited Psalm 100 - the WHOLE thing!
- 2016-11-28 Join the 3-Point Club! All parents and businesses can donate an amount for every 3-point shot and free throw basket scored or designate a total donation amount for the 2016-2017 basketball season. Please return form by Wed. November 30. Go Eagles!
- 2016-11-24 Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! Praising Jesus for all His blessings~
- 2016-11-17 Join the 3-Point Club! All parents and businesses can donate an amount for every 3-point shot and free throw basket scored or designate a total donation amount for the 2016-2017 basketball season. Please return form by Wed. November 30. Go Eagles!
- 2016-11-16 Enjoy this beautiful God-given day and remember...
- 2016-11-15 Our student council's motto this year is #Unashamed. Last week during Spiritual Emphasis week, our students heard about being "Intentional." They got a glimpse of one life changed by an encounter with God and they saw an illustration of how feelings and obedience are not always in the same place. We are praying for God to grow what He planted. #Unashamed #worshipGod
- 2016-11-14 Purchase your beautiful Wagners' poinsettias and cyclamen and/or sell them to your friends, neighbors and church family. (White cyclamen are no longer available.) Return your orders to school by Monday, Nov. 21st. Order forms here: https://goo.gl/C1NrF7
- 2016-11-12 Support our school by shopping at AmazonSmile for your Christmas gifts! Share this post with family & friends. #StartWithaSmile
- 2016-11-11 What are you doing with your child's outgrown Bethany Academy t-shirts? Why not bring them in to swap or give away to families with younger children? Drop off your BA gear to office ONLY on Tuesday & Wednesday, Nov. 15-16. Get your recycled BA gear in the school lobby on Thursday, November 17 from 7:45-8:30 am.
- 2016-11-10 FOR A LIMITED TIME! See any Bethany student to buy your very own super funny Chick-fil-A calendar. Buy these as gifts for family and friends! They are $10 each and have over $50 of coupons included!
- 2016-11-07 You’re invited to Bethany Academy’s Open House on Tuesday, November 15 at 6:00 pm. Meet our teachers, tour the building and attend a Fall Worship Chapel. Share this post with your friends! #openhouse #Lovethisschool #meetandgreet #worshipGod
- 2016-11-03 Bethany Loves Bloomington was a successful fundraiser and community service event! Our students packed 30,504 meals. Thank you to our partners Harvest Pack who brought the food supplies and Good in the Hood who distributed the packed meals. Thank you to our sponsors Dr. Nathan Reader, Southdale Eye Clinic, Sportsman’s Guide, Northern Tool, Arch Language Network, Universal Cleaning Services and FPX! And a HUGE thank you to Rochelle Platter and Amy Graff who led our volunteers and helped coordinate Bethany Loves Bloomington this year!
- 2016-11-01 The Girls Varsity soccer team finished their season with a 8-1 1st round section victory and then a 5-0 section loss to St. Paul Academy, the #2 ranked team in the State. The girls played well and fought hard in closing out their season. 8th grader Brynna Ray finished the season as the teams leading scorer with 11 goals and 5 assists. Brynna was also voted to the girls varsity soccer all-conference team. Great job this fall ladies! ~ Coach Ray
- 2016-10-31 Boys JV Soccer Update: The boys had an outstanding season with an overall record of 9-3- 3 and finished fourth in the conference tournament. The team was led by junior captains Isaac Colon and Jack Koo. Senior leadership was added by newcomer Robby Perkins who brought a lot of strength to the defense. The leading scorer for the team was Everett Peters with 11 goals and the team had 8 shutouts with great play from goalkeeper Chase Bixel. Overall, the team scored 31 goals and gave up 13. ~Coach Peters
- 2016-10-28 We are so expectant for encounters between our students and the LORD! Please pray for these encounters for those attending the Junior and Senior High Wilderness Retreats right now.
- 2016-10-26 Please pray this prayer as our students attend the Sr. High Wilderness Retreat this weekend: "Heavenly Father, You are magnificent and Holy. Thank you for making a way for us to encounter you through your Son Jesus. I ask Father for you to meet with each student and reveal yourself in a way that is real and personal. Father, change hearts and draw near to every person as they draw near to you. We are excited to see what you will do as we set a side time to get away from the distractions of life to hear your Voice. Let this retreat be the beginning of something new in the lives of each student. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen."
- 2016-10-25 With Bethany's solid defeat of Prairie Seeds Academy tonight, our Varsity team continues on to play against Saint Agnes in the 23 team section 4A volleyball playoffs on Wednesday in St. Paul. Go Eagles! View the section brackets: https://goo.gl/0eT40R
- 2016-10-17 Bethany's JV volleyball team played hard in a tournament this past weekend. It's been a fun season of growth and friendship. Many thanks to coaches Terri and Ashley!
- 2016-10-14 Bethany Loves Bloomington IN ACTION!
- 2016-10-14 Praise Jesus! We've packed over 9,000 meals with the help of our elementary students so far. And we're still going strong! God is awesome!
- 2016-10-14 Today's the BIG DAY! Join us as we support the local community and our school! We appreciate your support! Click here to donate to the Bethany Loves Bloomington Event: https://goo.gl/fVrlm1
- 2016-10-13 We’re partnering with Harvest Pack and Good in the Hood, two local non-profits, to pack and distribute 30,000 meals. Would you help underwrite the cost of the food and sponsor a class as we seek to raise $50,000 for Bethany Academy?
- 2016-10-13 Parents and adult volunteers are invited to join us as we pack meals on Friday, October 14th from 12:00 - 2:00 pm in the Bethany Academy gym. To sign up to pack or volunteer, please visit https://goo.gl/YJWiFj
- 2016-10-13 TOMORROW is the BIG DAY! Our goal is to raise $10,000 in corporate sponsorships and $40,000 in family fundraising. Your donation will help Bethany Academy continue to fulfill its mission. Learn more at https://goo.gl/YJWiFj